Sunday, May 2, 2010

64 Chevelle 5.3L Chevy Engine Transplant

Starting a blog to track the progress of my engine swap. Removing a 396/700R4 combo from my 1964 Chevelle Malibu SS and replacing it with a 2003 5.3L/4L60E. I wanted coil on cylinder, roller cam, fuel injection, and aluminum heads. Cost to do this to my BBC setup would have been very high. All this technology is standard on the new chevy truck engines. I have done a lot of forum reading on ls1tech.com and chevelles.com and think I can do this with a little help here and there.

First, the current engine.


And the "new" engine.

I plan to keep an updated total cost involved, I might regret this before its done. Still going thru the junkyard engine parts, looks like I will have to make another trip to the salvage yard to get a few things right, but the guy at the yard assures me he will work with me to get it right.

More to come.

Started a google doc to track expense.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Av2_VYcgmwMqdDBBaDAtTXhDZzZRR1dkaWhxN1AzS2c&hl=en






No comments:

Post a Comment